Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan
December 1, 2016
Press / Business contact:
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Bowlcut Studios is a digital entertainment company founded by two brothers — Brett and Chad Pennings — whose love of games stems from the hours they played them together on the couch with their friends. Their mission: to bring back the nostalgia that came from their “brothers with bowl cuts” era of couch co-op multiplayer. Driven by the dedication to this vision, long-time programmer, Bowlcut Studios founder and MageQuit developer, Brett Pennings, refinanced and rented out his condo in order to self-fund full-time development of the title. Although MageQuit is the first game developed by Bowlcut Studios, the brothers plan to make more games that fit the genre they are dedicated to reviving.
Brett has always loved designing games. Growing up, he would make the rules to whatever games he and his brothers played, from nerf wars to lego rpgs. Fast forward; he still love games. Games are nostalgic. They take him back to a time of brothers with bowl cuts.Today
Bowlcut Studios has launched their first title, MageQuit: a wizard-brawler for up to 10 players on Xbox one and Steam.
Xbox One & Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Bowlcut Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best in Show" - GDEX 2017
- "Best Party Game" - Indy PopCon 2018
- "Best in Show Nominee" - GDEX 2018
- "The MIX Official Selection" - The MIX Seattle 2019
- "Dreamhack Indie Selection" - Dreamhack Atlanta 2019
- "Literally the best game ever created."
- MrBeast, YouTube
- "Easily the best multiplayer game at PAX South 2019"
- Preston Dozsa, CGMagazine
- "Favorite game of #PAXSouth2018 so far"
- Joey Noelle, Kinda Funny Games
Composed by Fat Bard http://www.fatbard.com/.